Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I'm living in Vancouver, BC Canada and work with pregnant parents to have the healthiest, happiest arrival possible for their babies. I am a voice for baby boys who want their genitalia left alone, please! I teach classes for midwives online through WizIq.com I love my life and am grateful to do work I love and get paid for it.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Little Widgets on Blogger for Leaving Comments

Just added some new little tool bar thingies that Blogger is offering.  They sure do make it easy to do a blog.

I wanted to add one of those RSS feed buttons to my wordpress blog and spent about 2 hours going round in circles before I finally gave up.

Just put up a story on my other blog about a family from Japan who were showing their new baby to the family in Japan 45 mins after the birth via Skype.  http://www.glorialemay.com/blog

I realize from being in the FO2010 course that a lot of my time spent on the Internet is completely unfocused and unchallenging.  "Mind candy" if you will.  Focusing on this course, doing my homework assignments, and reading the material is a very good exercise.  Thanks again, Sarah, for making it available. 

8 comments:

  1. Blogger is very user friendly. Do you need some help on how to put the rss feed button onto your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pah, Lisa has been here before me. Is she offering advice or suggesting I give you advice?

    Anyway, yes blogger is wonderfully easy to use and google are making regular enhancements to it. A great platform to start blogging with for technophobes.

    However wordpress is far more powerful. There is nothing that can't be done with it, but sometimes it does require a bit of technical know-how. Although the huge number of themes and plugins is all most people ever need

    You should consider changing your wp theme away from the archaic kubric (no longer included with wordpress 3). Most themes offer much more and will include an rss icon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blind...I cannot see the little 'thingy' you use to subscribe, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally figured out the cute Twitter button. There is so much to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Glo, my secretary is here to help. I was just about to say change your theme and an icon will be available he just beat me to it.
    LOL. anything you need just mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:15 AM PDT

    Yeah I agree tis good to focus sometimes rather than just randomly scouring the net. I like how you call it 'mind candy'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can really relate to using the internet in an unfocused way.

    ReplyDelete