Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I'm living in Vancouver, BC Canada and work with pregnant parents to have the healthiest, happiest arrival possible for their babies. I am a voice for baby boys who want their genitalia left alone, please! I teach classes for midwives online through WizIq.com I love my life and am grateful to do work I love and get paid for it.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mini Conference Presentation coming up soon

Had a great class with Sarah Stewart this a.m. in the Elluminate classroom.  I'm creating a presentation for the mini conference and I got some good "live" feedback from Sarah on what I've generated so far.

- my presentation is going to be "Creating An Online Presence".  Sarah pointed out to me that it's a broad topic that can be attended by people in any field (not just my usual childbirth cohort).  That made total sense and I've enrolled my fabulous presenter, Laureen Hudson, into that notion, too.  Laureen is used to sharing her passion for the internet with people of all stripes.

- I've had to really delve into the World Clock website to give Sarah the exact time in New Zealand time that we'll be presenting.  I didn't know that the entire country of New Zealand  is on one time zone so I got that cleared up for myself, too.  I used Auckland as the city to look at but could have used Christchurch, Dunedin or Wellington. My time for the presentation here in Vancouver BC Canada will be 7:00 p.m. on Wed, Nov. 10, 2010 and that translates to 4:00 p.m., Nov 11 in Sarah's part of the world.  At least both times are civilized for late risers :)

Some general coaching that Sarah gave for all participants is:

1. Make sure that everyone understands where to go for the class by providing links to the meeting place on all posts.

2. Have a back up plan in case all technology fails and make sure you have links to the backup, your Skype name, etc. so that the changeover can take place as smoothly as possible.

3. Make your advertising completely understandable for a new person who has no idea what has gone on before.  Lots of detail about what will be happening, who will be doing what, how long, what to do beforehand, etc. Make your advertising idiot proof.

4. Time is short, get your event complete and get on with the marketing urgently.  No time to lose.

I've got a few details still to work out and then I'll put up a new post with details for my event.  Reserve the time right now because you're going to want to be there:


UTC (World Clock)  03:00 Nov 11 (Thurs)
Vancouver BC Canada  19:00 h. Nov 10 (Wed)
New York, N.Y.  22:00 h. Nov. 10 (Wed)
Aukland NZ 16:00 h Nov 11 (Thurs)

For more information on the Mini Conference for FO2010, go to http://facilitatingonlinecommunities.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria Thank you (and Laureen) for being so flexible and opening up your session. I think this will be a really valuable session which I will certainly advertise to my networks. Having said that...will there be a limit on the number of people who can attend if you present in Wiziq?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good point, I'll find out and get back to you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete