Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I'm living in Vancouver, BC Canada and work with pregnant parents to have the healthiest, happiest arrival possible for their babies. I am a voice for baby boys who want their genitalia left alone, please! I teach classes for midwives online through WizIq.com I love my life and am grateful to do work I love and get paid for it.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

CREATING AN ONLINE PRESENCE---my presentation for the mini conference

COMING EVENTS

INTERNATIONAL Nov 10, 2010
CREATING AN ONLINE PRESENCE
Title of the Event: CREATING AN ONLINE PRESENCE
Date and Time: 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Nov 11, 2010 in New Zealand. (See World Clock for time and date in your country. We are a day earlier in North America so, for example, this class will be on Nov. 10 at 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time)
Facilitator: Gloria Lemay Skype: genevieve1029 birth@uniserve.com birthsage on Twitter
Presenter: LAUREEN HUDSON
Venue: WizIQ classroom, open to the public up to 500 participants (http://www.wiziq.com/online-class/403089-creating-an-online-presence). You will have to set up an account as a student at WizIQ (easy and free) to enter the class link. You will need a headset and microphone to interact with the instructor.
Description: What’s the most effective way to get your brilliant ideas out into the world? This Powerpoint class by Laureen Hudson, of California, U.S.A., will open up new ways of reaching your target audience. Laureen Hudson has worked as the technical editor and online community advocate for java.sun.com and developers.sun.com at Sun Microsystems. She served the International Cesarean Awareness Network as Publications Director, editing Cesarean Voices, publishing the ICAN eNews, co-managing the relaunch of the website, and being the primary cheering section for the Clarion). She’s a blogger, a website manager, and an enthusiastic geek enabler. Laureen has spoken before capacity crowds at engineering conferences, gatherings, and hackfests on the topics of new media, communications, and publication models. She’s also a popular conference speaker. Laureen’s Blog http://theexcellentadventure.com/elementalmom/ This is a great opportunity to get coaching from one of the best in the business.
Back Up Plan: Elluminate Classroom http://elluminate.tekotago.ac.nz/join_meeting.html?meetingId=1260253889796
Recording Information: will be recorded and available to participants only. This class is open to everyone but please let me know if you are planning to attend. Gloria Lemay birth@uniserve.com
Price: free
http://wikieducator.org/Facilitating_Online/Mini_Conference#CREATING_AN_ONLINE_PRESENCE

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gloria

    Just been reviewing your blog. I am happy you have met the requirements for assignment one. If you write a blog post or two evaluating your mini event and meet requirements for assignment 2, I can then send you a certificate of completion for FO2010. You have done so much work, it would be a shame not to get a certificate...for your ePortfolio :)

    ReplyDelete