Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I'm living in Vancouver, BC Canada and work with pregnant parents to have the healthiest, happiest arrival possible for their babies. I am a voice for baby boys who want their genitalia left alone, please! I teach classes for midwives online through WizIq.com I love my life and am grateful to do work I love and get paid for it.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Why I'm Taking the Online Facilitator Course

I've joined the course to learn more about how to share my work with doulas, childbirth educators, and midwives around the world. There are so many young women who are interested in being birth workers and don't know how to get started. I'd like to make a difference with them.

I teach a Midwifery Study Group for women in Vancouver BC and regularly present Doula Trainings. I have tons of teaching material and am interested in networking with other midwifery teachers to share resources.

We have a crisis in obstetrics around the world. Rich women in Westernized countries are being induced and cut up at an outrageous rate and poor women in undeveloped countries are hungry/overworked in pregnancy with resulting birth complications. We can use technology for good to rectify both problems. That is my passionate quest.

Also, I'm a big fan of Sarah Stewart of the Polytechnic School of Midwifery in New Zealand.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria, great to have you on the course - I am very excited about having midwives like you keeping me company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gloria! Good to be taking the course together. I think we are going to learn a lot! Sarah has such an awesome grasp of all this, truly wonderful work. hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks women. Carolyn, I sent you an email yest and it bounced back to me. Have you changed your email lately. Cud you send me the new one to
    birth at uniserve.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:51 AM PDT

    I would love to participate in any birthy type training you do online in the future Gloria! Putting my hand up now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's so sweet, Starmama.

    ReplyDelete