Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I'm living in Vancouver, BC Canada and work with pregnant parents to have the healthiest, happiest arrival possible for their babies. I am a voice for baby boys who want their genitalia left alone, please! I teach classes for midwives online through WizIq.com I love my life and am grateful to do work I love and get paid for it.

Friday, February 04, 2011

Half Way through My First Series of Online Classes

Someone pointed out last night in my online class that the end of the series is now looming.  We've been meeting every Thurs night and it's something to which we all look forward.  I'm now thinking of how to complete powerfully and what we could do next for those who want to continue learning online. 

We meet in the WizIq classroom and there is also a yahoo group for keeping in touch during the week.

Some of the other glitches I have been working out:
-I have to add people as "MyContact" on WizIq with their email address or WizIq takes a big percentage of their class payment for a fee.  WizIq assumes that their site has given me the class lead.  This has never happened because my classes are pretty specialized and only my own contacts come in to take them.

-there is an ongoing mixup because people will email me with one email address, pay on Paypal with another, and, then, open their WizIq account with a third.  I am now sending each registrant a very pointed email saying WHAT IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU USED TO OPEN YOUR (FREE) WizIq ACCOUNT.

-another thing I hadn't thought of is that my emails are going into the junk mail folder for my registrants and they might not check that for months.  They think I'm not communicating and, then, they discover all the emails.

I have someone coming today to help me with my Excel spread sheets for my participants.  Learning, learning, learning.  I hope some of my learning curve can save others from having to learn from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment